In continuing to celebrate our 100th episode mark, we’re diving into a six-episode series talking all things on raising our vibrations. I kick things off by getting real and personal – as I always do, **reflecting on how I went through a period of not getting the results I desired by not tapping into the energy I was creating. I walk you through the exact steps and actions I am taking to realign and bring in what I actually want.
What about you? When was the last time you checked in with your own energy? Are you attracting the results you want from life? Consider this episode a vibe-check, exploring why we’re not reaching our goals and how we can shift to continue becoming what we want to be.
Powered by RedCircle
Episode Sponsor: OUAI Haircare
OUAI restores hair health from the outside and from within, through effective hair care products and proven nutritional supplements. Use the code BALANCED for 15% off your purchase at theouai.com
WHY I’M A FAN: OUAI detox shampoo offers clarifying benefits without drying out my curls. Plus it’s gentle enough to use weekly. I love pairing it with their thick hair mask.
But I realized what I was attracting was a reflection of my energy – a direct reflection of my energy. My energy needed some work. My vibrations needed some shifting and some raising so that I could truly be ready for what it was I’m seeking. Because what I was attracting was more of the same of what I’ve dealt with and experienced time and time again. Because I’ve experienced it – because it’s familiar – it’s very easy to attract those things because you know you can handle it. But when you’re looking to call in new things, sometimes it does require some shifting and some reflection to really prepare yourself for where it is you wanna be.
I also talk about…
- How our energy impacts our sense of being
- Why we’re not getting the results we want
- Discipline vs. aligned action
- The effects of low self-worth
- What I’m doing to raise my vibration
OUR ENERGY IMPACTS OUR SENSE OF BEING
When it comes down to it, our energy is a reflection of our current human experience and our perspective in the world we live in. If we’re being honest, energy is everything – especially when it comes to self-care and wellness. By spending time on raising our vibration and aligning ourselves with what we want, we’re saying ‘yes’ to ourselves and that we’re worthy of receiving it.
WHY WE’RE NOT GETTING THE RESULTS WE WANT
Oftentimes, when we experience a sense of stagnation in getting what we desire in life, it can be because we’ve focused too much on ‘how’ to get it rather than ‘why’ we want it. And that can lead us to believe we haven’t done enough – that’s there more we have to do in order to be worthy. But the truth is, there’s no question on whether or not you’re worthy of something. Because you already are. Instead, it’s about what you believe and if the actions you’re taking will actually help you get to where you want to be.
DISCIPLINE VS. ALIGNED ACTION
In the wellness and self-improvement spaces, discipline is emphasized and labeled as the key to having success with our goals and ambitions. While I agree to an extent, the problem lies in how our discipline can actually become a crutch. It ends up being more about the discipline itself than our choice to show up and choose ourselves.
THE EFFECTS OF LOW SELF-WORTH
Many of us are walking around with shame that we don’t even know we’re carrying – guilt around the person we are compared to those around us. Think of all the “right” things – all of those TikTok “that girl” habits that you might be practicing, but still haven’t seen any life changes with. Yeah, you may be hydrated now, but is anything else really different? When our motivation is from that shame of who we are instead of our aspirations to live a happier life, the energy/vibration doesn’t match.
WHAT I’M DOING TO RAISE MY VIBRATION
- Evaluating my why – not just in my desire in raising my vibration, but also in the way of life that I want to live. What makes me show up? What makes me happy? What makes me feel like my best self? And why do I want to pursue what it is that I’m building?
- Allowing myself to emote – sometimes it can feel like bottling up our emotions is a safer, easier thing to do. It can also feel like we’re not allowed to express our less happy emotions – especially as black women. If I want to experience all my human-ness, then I need to lean in and express those parts that make me one. Right now I’m still practicing, but it’s already made a big difference.
- Saying no when it’s a no – part of raising your vibration is saying ‘no’ to what does not serve you so that you can say ‘yes’ to what lights you up. And if at any point I meet something that takes more from my cup than I’m able to offer, I’m walking away and choosing myself instead.
- Moving my body as a meditation – there are multiple kinds of meditation, and movement is by far my favorite. As you know, I particularly love walking. It invigorates my body, my mind, and my spirit. It’s common to get hits of inspiration when you walk or exercise, and this can be a really great way to practice aligned action rather than simply discipline.
Mantras to Raise Your Vibration:
- I take radical responsibility for my life.
- I choose the most abundant and prosperous version of myself.
- I am fully open and receptive.
- I allow myself to be exactly who I am.
- I am at peace with myself.
- I release past versions of myself that were not at peace.
- Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/balanced-black-girl/donations
- Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
- Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy