We hear time and time again how intuitive and wise our inner self is, but that can be hard to believe when we don’t feel connected to or even understand who that inner self even is. If you can relate, get ready to feel seen by our expansive guest, Mari Roberts – a psychic life coach who specializes in bringing purpose into the 9-5 lifestyle.
There were so many wonderful gems dropped throughout this conversation. It’s surprising to learn just how much we’re impacted by our inner child! But Mari walks us through endless exercises to nurture our inner child and heal our connection to our intuition. Mari’s insights will be so liberating for anyone who is living in self-doubt, uncertainty, and overwhelm. I know I’ll be keeping this episode handy in my own back pocket!
Powered by RedCircle
Sponsor: Daily Harvest
DAILY HARVEST helps you stock your home with delicious meals packed with produce and made to keep up with the pace of your life. Visit balancedblackgirl.com/harvest and use the code ‘BALANCED’ for $40 off your first box.
WHY I’M A FAN: Having Daily Harvest goods in my freezer makes having delicious meals on busy days a breeze. I love blending up their pre-measured smoothies or warming up a flatbread when I don’t have time to cook.
My job is to help you remember your passion. Because when you’re living with what you’re passionate about, you are actually living your purpose. There’s no needing to seek out something beyond, because if you’re doing what you need to do today – whatever that is your heart is calling to you to do – that is your purpose. We always look for something beyond us, but if we actually do that thing that lights us up, that is our purpose. It can change, it can shift, it can morph — but that is the truth.
WE ALSO TALK ABOUT…
- Everyone has their own inner wisdom and intuition.
- Exposing the truth on the glorified side-hustle.
- How to bring purpose into the 9-5 culture.
- Intuitive exercises for connecting to your authentic self.
RESOURCES (CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS):
- How to Listen to the Pings: Your Personal Internal Signals
- Check out Mari Roberts website and sign up for her newsletter.
- Follow Mari on Instagram → @MariRobertsLife
- Join Mari’s Cultivate Your Inner Wisdom program
EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN INNER WISDOM AND INTUITION
If there’s only one thing you take away from Mari’s story, it’s that it’s never too late to connect to your intuitive gifts. You just have to make the choice to actually do it. Be open and recognize that intuition looks different for every. single. person. Just as people come in different shapes, colors, and sizes, so does our form of connection to our authentic selves.
The thing to remember is that connecting to your higher self is all about practice. It takes time and experience to balance out the higher self with the grounded self. It’s not about how fast you get there, but the commitment to yourself of working on “getting there.”
EXPOSING THE TRUTH ON THE GLORIFIED SIDE-HUSTLE
I’m sure you’ve seen them – the endless resources all over the internet walking you through how to have a successful side-hustle that can eventually become your new form of full-time work. It seems to be the dream, doesn’t it? But Mari gets us to ask an important question – is it our dream?
Here’s the tea: you may not actually want the life of the side-hustle – you may just be dissatisfied with your workplace and current occupation. You could also be in the right place but in the wrong role, or in the wrong company doing the right work. The side-hustle lifestyle is taxing, to say the least. It’s worth it to take the time to examine whether or not it’s your passion or your purpose that’s missing in your 9-5. If your passion, then perhaps you just need to do some pivoting in your career. But if it’s your purpose, then maybe pivoting won’t be enough and the side-hustle might be what brings you that fulfillment.
Point being, use what you have to make the absolute best out of your journey. If the 9-5 isn’t a fit, then it isn’t a fit. At least you tried and did that double-check – which will actually give you a greater scope of tools and awareness to make the side-hustle venture a success. All around, that discernment is a win.
HOW TO BRING PURPOSE INTO THE 9-5 CULTURE
Holding passion in your 9-5 requires leaning into your genius and whatever it is that makes you excited to do what you do. With all the nuances of corporate culture, it can be hard to remember the simplicity of that truth. We may wonder how do we can commit to taking the time to realign into our passions at work while being present with the seemingly endless tasks at hand?
If you get lost within this trap, then it might be worthwhile to evaluate whether or not you’re even connected to the purpose of why you do what you do. Do you feel that purpose present whenever you step into your workday? If not, what can you do to bring it back?
We often look outward to connect with our purpose and our passions – but there’s nothing that’s outside of you that can confirm what only your inner knowing can affirm for you. Instead of letting others determine whether or not the work you do is valuable, be discerning and bring that sense of purpose into all that you do – from the big projects, to the quick to-dos, and even with the mundane meetings. Take a deep breath in between tasks and let that purpose guide you.
INTUITIVE EXERCISES FOR CONNECTING TO YOUR AUTHENTIC SELF
Our inner child is more involved with our relationships – personal and professional – than we probably give them credit for. Nurturing our inner child will help us say ‘no’ to what holds us back and ‘yes’ to what lights us up. So here are the intuitive exercises Mari recommends practicing to connect to both our inner child and our intuition.
- Open your Akashic Records and ask your guides where it is that you need to be? See how close or far you are from where you would be thriving in life. Seek their knowledge and consult them on how involved your inner child is and how they feel about this chapter you’re in.
- Create a small moment for yourself, breathing in meditation. When things get quiet, tune into what does your body tells you. Explore where your hands fall when you reflect on or experience certain things. For example, if you’re thinking about starting a side hustle, how does your body react when you ideate or dream about it? Whatever you’re experiencing, you can ask your body how they feel and what you can do to make it better.
- To find where your inner child lives within your heart, connect with your heart space. Let things get quiet around you and close your eyes. Really tune in. Perhaps think of a specific age or version of your inner child. When you do, can you see color? Do you feel a ping? What senses are arising as you connect? When it becomes clear, speak to your inner child and let them know they are safe, that you love them, and that everything is going to be okay.
- “Slow is fast – it just depends on what dimension you’re in.” — Mari Roberts
- Navigating personal and professional relationships while meeting that sense of balance requires patience and compassion.
- Instead of letting others determine whether or not the work you do is valuable, be discerning and bring that sense of purpose into all that you do – from the big projects, to the quick to-dos, and even with the mundane meetings. Take a deep breath in between tasks and let that purpose guide you.
- If you’re scared to leap into a side-hustle, you may not actually want that lifestyle – you may just be dissatisfied with your workplace and current occupation.
- Our inner child is more involved with our relationships – personal and professional – than we probably give them credit for. Nurturing our inner child will help us say ‘no’ to what holds us back and ‘yes’ to what lights us up.
- Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/balanced-black-girl/donations
- Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
- Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy