This is a bit of a personal episode for me, y’all. Oftentimes, when we look at the dreams we hold, what we’re actually talking about is our business and career goals. On our journey to becoming the person we dream of and living the life that inspires us, we can get trapped in focusing on just our output and what accomplishing those achievements will bring us. Instead of just living the life that we want to live, you know?
And I’ll raise my hand to say that I too have become sidetracked on going after what I really want for my life. So as we wrap up this season on taking your power back, I wanted to both share the dreams I’m dreaming for my life – outside of work – and the power it brings all of us to dream bigger, bolder, and brighter for ourselves. And what that actually means.
Powered by RedCircle
I ALSO TALK ABOUT…
- Having peace with not reaching our dreams – yet.
- What it means to dream big.
- The dreams I’m dreaming about right now.
- What our dreams are trying to tell us.
- The benefits of dream journaling.
RESOURCES (CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS):
- The Big Leap
- Dream Journal Opt-In: www.balancedblackgirl.com/dream
- Ep 96 – Benefits Of Journaling, Tips And Tricks For Establishing A Journaling Practice, And How To Journal Consistently
- Ep 102 – The Power Of Walking – How To Raise Your Vibration Through Movement
- Ep 106 – Having A Healthy Relationship With Yourself + Breaking Through The Self-Development Trap
- Bonus Ep – Year-End Reflection And Journaling
I’m realizing that one of the most powerful ways we can our power back is to allow ourselves to dream unapologetically. To show ourselves grace and compassion while we’re on our individual and collective journeys. To allow our dreams to be bigger than the systems that try to stifle them. And I think taking your power back is about giving yourself room to breathe and just be.
HAVING PEACE WITH NOT REACHING OUR DREAMS – YET
For a long time my biggest dream/goal has been to be able to get to a point where I could devote 100% of my time to building the Balanced Black Girl brand. And to be honest, the fact that I haven’t yet reached that point, that this big dream hasn’t come true yet had me feeling a bit disappointed. What I realized upon reflecting was that I need to have dreams that are not centered around my work, things that are not tied to productivity or revenue. This doesn’t mean I am not still actively working toward my goal of doing Balanced Black Girl full time, but rather giving myself grace and spaciousness to dream big for the purpose of joy rather than output.
As this series comes to a close I realized a way for me to take my power back is to dream big outside of the confines of capitalism. For me, this means dreaming of things that feel good to dream about.
Some dreams I’m prioritizing:
- Dreaming of what it would be like to wake up in the morning and feel rested, energized, and ready for the day
- Cultivating a space for creativity with no goals, just being creative for the sake of being creative with no attachment to the end result
- Reconnecting with the earth by spending more time in nature. Having my own private space within nature such as a garden to just be.
- Rediscovering the magic of food. I am actually a foodie and have found myself feeling disconnected from my meals and rushing through them due to my busy schedule. Here’s to cooking more, and taking more time with my meals because food really is love.
- Dreaming about how loved and supported I could be
- Dreaming about what collective liberation could feel like for all of us
These are a few of my dreams, what dreams do you have? Practice sitting with your thoughts and jot down what comes to mind when you think of what you desire. Let your mind wander and fantasize, you may be surprised at what comes up.
WHAT OUR DREAMS ARE TRYING TO TELL US
Did you know that the average person has about 4-6 dreams per night? For the longest time I could not remember my dreams. I could never recall a single I dream I had from the night before. But lately I have been having some pretty wild dreams, that I have actually been able to remember. I am not sure what changed, but recently i have been visited by relatives who have passed away, as well as having dreams involving people or scenarios from my past. With all this activity going on in regards to my dreams, I have been intentional about writing down any dream that I can remember in a journal.
Since I have started journaling my dreams I have actually been able to unlock memories from my childhood that had previously been inaccessible. The more I journal, the more memories are unlocked, this process has been exciting and enlightening. I have felt more connected to myself and to others since starting this practice. The impact has been so significant I have actually created a dream journal that you all can download for free here to start tracking your own dreams. If this sounds like something you would be into, I encourage you to start adding in some lines for your dreams into your journaling practice. Doing this practice may help you discover messages that your subconscious mind is trying to share with you.
IT’S OK TO DREAM BIG
I hope the ‘Taking Our Power Back’ series has encouraged you to dream big and unapologetically. My intention is for you to feel empowered and capable while also remembering to be gentle with yourself. With each interview I hope you have learned something new, that you can apply in your life in a meaningful way.
New episodes of the Balanced Black Girl podcast will resume in January, where we will be kicking off a new series around reframing the reset. In the meantime, over the next few weeks we will be airing some of our favorite episodes, definitely tune in to reconnect with some truly amazing guests.
Don’t forget to download your free dream journal here
- journaling your dreams can change your life
- feel encouraged to dream unapologetically
- it’s ok if you don’t reach your goals within a certain time frame
- allow spaciousness and grace when it comes to your dreams
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/balanced-black-girl/donations
Advertising Inquiries: email@example.com
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy