Today, we’re talking to Dr. Kristian Henderson, professor of public health, a natural lifestyle enthusiast, and the founder of BLK+GRN, an all-natural marketplace by all Black artisans. BLK+GRN curates products that are sold in categories like skincare, home, bath and body to meet the needs of wellness seekers who want to buy Black and live green.
Kristian’s latest entrepreneurial endeavor is the culmination of her belief in #BlackGirlMagic and her experiences in the public health industry. She is an unshakeable optimist who is passionate about helping women cultivate a lifestyle that’s free of artificial ingredients, toxins, and harmful chemicals. She believes that doing so is the only way to foster true happiness.
We had an inspiring, insightful conversation that will have a positive takeaway for everyone. We’re so grateful for the opportunity to share her story and mission.
In this episode, we talk about…
- How to make the switch to non-toxic products.
- Toxic ingredients we should avoid.
- The importance of supporting black-owned businesses.
- What inspired her to start BLK+GRN.
- Self-care tips for black girls.
- BLK+GRN Website
- Follow BLK+GRN on Instagram: @blkgrn
- Follow Dr. Kristian on Instagram: @drkristianh
- Follow BLK+GRN on Facebook
Use the code BBG20 for 20% off your BLK+GRN order!
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on iTunes. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.