In today’s Feel Good Friday episode, we’re addressing one of my favorite topics: how to create a morning self-care routine. I’m breaking down what my morning self-care routine looks like, why it can be short and sweet (I promise you don’t need to wake up at the crack of dawn for a solid morning self-care routine), and how you can customize it to make it work for you.
Generally speaking, I break my morning routine into three categories: things that take care of my mind, body, and spirit. Depending on my season in life and what my priorities are, the amount of time I spend on each area, and what I do to support each area will vary. But I recommend you find a routine that works well for you! Because we all could use a little more practical self-care.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Why you shouldn’t use your phone first thing in the morning.
- Resources to help you take care of your mind, body, and spirit.
- Ideas for customizing your morning self-care routine to make it work for you.
- Download our free glow-up guide for morning journal sheets, inspiring quotes, and affirmations to guide your morning self-care routine.
- Join us at our Balanced Black Girl Seattle book club meet-up for Becoming on January 27. Register HERE.
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on iTunes. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
Les is the founder of Balanced Black Girl and the host of the Balanced Black Girl Podcast. She’s a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, and natural beauty junkie who loves 90’s R&B, trying new skincare products, and creating recipes in the Instant Pot. She created Balanced Black Girl to provide content and experiences empowering women of color to live well.