We’ve all been there. Late one night you and your friend come up with a business idea that will change the world. But is it actually a good idea to start a business with a friend?
Today, I’m sitting down with Justine and Natasha, co-hosts of the 2 Black Girls, 1 Rose podcast for an exciting conversation on how to start a business, keep friendship sacred, and collab creatively with your closest friends.
Justine and Natasha have been best friends since high school and turned their love of reality TV into a fun, engaging platform over the past few years. But there’s always a flip side to running a business with your friend…
From creative differences to making time for girl dinner, these two share how their friendship has changed since their 20s and how their relationship as business partners has improved for the better with the help of effort and communication.
Episode 218 Topics:
- Hanging onto friendships that no longer bring you joy
- Turning mundane parts of your friendship into points of connection
- How to keep business and friendship separate
- How to hold space for your individual aspirations while in a business relationship
Episode 218 Resources:
- Listen to the 2 Black Girls, 1 Rose podcast
- Subscribe to 2 Black Girls, 1 Rose on Patreon
- Follow 2 Black Girls, 1 Rose on Instagram @2blackgirls1rose
- Listen to the “Intimacy in Friendships: Having Healthier Friendships and Making Friends As An Adult with Dr. Marisa Franco” episode
- Have a question you want answered in an upcoming episode? You can share them anonymously with me here.
Keep in touch with Balanced Black Girl:
- Watch on Youtube @BalancedBlackGirl
- Follow on IG: @balancedles @balancedblackgirlpodcast
- Follow on TikTok @balancedles
- Subscribe to our newsletter, Mirror Notes
Episode 218 Sponsors:
- Branch Basics | Their Premium Starter Kit will provide you with everything you need to replace all of your toxic cleaning products in your home! Save 15% OFF on your Starter Kit or their new Hand Soap when you use code balancedblackgirl at www.branchbasics.com
- Ritual | Ritual Synbiotic+ is my go-to gut health supplement complete with prebiotic, probiotic, and postbiotic to provide balanced gut support. Get 20% OFF of your first month for a limited time at ritual.com/BALANCED
- Thrive Market | Thrive Market is the go-to for affordable healthy grocery and household essentials, and the convenience of getting everything online then quickly shipped to your doorstep is a huge time saver! Go to ThriveMarket.com/balancedles for 30% off your first order and get a FREE $60 gift!
- Cora | Cora makes comfortable, reliable period care products with clean ingredients. When you order online with code Cora.Life/BALANCEDLES you’ll get 20% OFF all Cora products!
- IQBAR | Refuel smarter in 2024 with IQ BAR’s Ultimate Sampler Pack with 7 IQ BARs, 4 IQ MIX sticks, and 4 IQ JOE sticks. Get 20% OFF all IQ BAR products, plus get FREE shipping by texting GIRL to 6400. Message and data rates may apply. See terms for details.