Today, we’re talking to Maria Rodriguez, founder of Fear Her Fight Athletics, a company that reinforces the lense of intersectional feminism in the strength space. Maria is a competitive powerlifter and a strength and conditioning coach based in Tacoma Washington.
She coaches individuals remotely on a sliding scale and personal
On June 1-2 2019, Maria is hosting the second annual
In this episode, we talk about…
- Making the strength space inclusive, safe, and accessible for all womxn.
- Creating opportunities for marginalized communities.
- Facing discrimination as a WOC yoga instructor.
- Building confidence and mental toughness from fitness.
WomxnsStrength Summit Website
- Fear Her Fight Athletics Website
- Follow Fear Her Fight on Instagram: @fearherfightathletics
- Follow Maria on Instagram: @marialiftstacoma
- Follow Fear Her Fight Athletics on Facebook
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
Les is the founder of Balanced Black Girl and the host of the Balanced Black Girl Podcast. She’s a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, and natural beauty junkie who loves 90’s R&B, trying new skincare products, and creating recipes in the Instant Pot. She created Balanced Black Girl to provide content and experiences empowering women of color to live well.