Conversations around mental health are always a top request, and this episode delivers. Today, we’re talking to Alicia Tetteh. Alicia is a mental health therapist practicing in Charlotte who sincerely believes in the power of change. She completed her education at Virginia Commonwealth and Howard University.
She is a new mom of twins and loves learning how to best nurture them. Alicia owns Building Endurance, where her focus is decreasing the stigma around mental health and recently created a mental health mobile application, ATTUNE. Additionally, Alicia teaches social work at the collegiate level and co-hosts a podcast with a friend and colleague, 2 Elephants in the Room. She loves laughing, silence, books and anything outdoors.
IN THIS EPISODE WE TALK ABOUT…
- How to decide if therapy is right for you.
- What strengths-based therapy entails.
- How to overcome common barriers to entry when it comes to seeking mental health services.
- How to find the right therapist.
- Check out Alicia’s app, Attune
- Follow Alicia on Instagram: @_aliciaoctavia
- Follow Building Endurance on Instagram: @buildingendurancepllc
- Listen to Alicia’s Podcast, 2 Elephants in the Room
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on iTunes. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
Lestraundra is the founder of Balanced Black Girl and the host of the Balanced Black Girl Podcast. She’s a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, and natural beauty junkie who loves 90’s R&B, trying new skincare products, and creating recipes in the Instant Pot. She created Balanced Black Girl to provide content and experiences empowering women of color to live well.