In this episode, we’re talking to Monique Melton, host of the Shine Brighter Together Podcast. Monique is an anti-racism educator, published author, and international speaker. She is also the founder of Shine Brighter Together, which is a community dedicated to healthy relationships & diverse unity.
She travels the world speaking at conferences and events on topics related to anti-racism, personal growth, diversity, and relationships. She’s been published in magazines, featured in blogs and podcasts and has touched the lives of people all over the world.
She is a natural big-bold dreamer and a deeply rooted woman of faith. She is a proud Navy wife to her high-school sweetheart and she is a loving mother to two little ones. She has a BA in social science with an emphasis in sociology & psychology and two years of graduate school education in Clinical Counseling from Johns Hopkins University.
Powered by RedCircle
In this episode, we talk about…
- Why being “not racist” isn’t enough.
- Practicing self-care after performing intense emotional labor.
- Understanding internalized racism.
- Dismantling problematic beliefs and behaviors.
- Register for the SHINE Seattle Class
- Monique’s 10-Week Anti-Racism Course, Unity Over Comfort
- Follow Monique on Instagram @moemotivate
- Listen to the Shine Brighter Together Podcast