Today’s guest is Davia Roberts. As a certified yoga teacher and licensed mental health therapist, Davia uses her background to make mental health resources accessible. She is the voice and brains behind the AFFIRM podcast, a mental health and wellness podcast for women of color and founder of the wellness platform, Redefine Enough.“Workplace burnout is a combination of exhaustion and cynicism around the work you do.” @justdavia Click To Tweet
Now based in Washington, DC, Davia travels the country bringing mental health and wellness education to millennials and corporate professionals. Her mental health work has been featured on stages like SXSW and major publications such as Bustle, NaturallyCurly, and Mash.
She’s using her expertise to help people get into therapy and teaching businesses how to use mental health education to erase burnout from the workplace."Is your paycheck worth your peace?" @justdavia Click To Tweet
In this episode, we talk about…
- Common misconceptions believed about therapy.
- Why talk therapy isn’t for everyone and other types of therapy to consider.
- Healing from workplace burnout.
- How companies and organizations can support the mental well-being of their employees.
- Visit Davia’s Website: https://www.justdavia.com/
- Follow Davia on Instagram: @justdavia
- Follow Davia on Twitter: @justdavia
- Listen to Davia’s podcast, AFFIRM
- Psychology Today Therapist Directory
- Open Path Collective Therapist Directory
- Therapy for Black Girls Therapist Directory
Balanced Black Girl Partners:
- BLK+GRN | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blkgrn.com
- Black Girl Sunscreen | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blackgirlsunscreen.com
- Methodology | Use code BALANCEDBLACKGIRL30 for 30% off your first Methodology shipment
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
Les is the founder of Balanced Black Girl and the host of the Balanced Black Girl Podcast. She’s a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, and natural beauty junkie who loves 90’s R&B, trying new skincare products, and creating recipes in the Instant Pot. She created Balanced Black Girl to provide content and experiences empowering women of color to live well.