Today’s guest is Adrienne Thomas. Adrienne is an unapologetically Black educator who hails from the city of Chicago. She is a passionate social advocate with a focus on Black liberation.
While Adrienne is also a powerlifter and musician, her passion lies within classroom education, where her goal is to create inclusive curriculum that truly supports the lived experiences of our diverse students and children.
Powered by RedCircle
In this episode, we talk about…
- How the US school curriculum can be more inclusive.
- Why it is so important for all students to learn from diverse curriculum.
- Tangible ways to support educators.
- How inclusion has evolved in the powerlifting space.
- Support Adrienne’s classroom library
- Follow Adrienne on Instagram: @adriennewhoo
- Episode 24: Elevating Marginalized Communities Through Fitness with Maria Rodriguez
Favorite of the Week:
Balanced Black Girl Partners:
- BLK+GRN all-natural products from Black artisans | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blkgrn.com
- Black Girl Sunscreen | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blackgirlsunscreen.com
- Methodology Prepped Meals | Use code BALANCEDBLACKGIRL30 for 30% off your first Methodology shipment
- Organifi | Use the code BBG for 15% off supplements from organifi.com
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on iTunes. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.