Today, we’re talking to Sojourner White. Sojourner is a traveling scholar whose experiences as a Fulbright Fellow in Spain and service year as a Pubic Ally with AmeriCorps led her to become an International Social Worker.
Born and raised in Milwaukee, WI, her travel journey started in the U.S. with her family, however studying Spanish opened her eyes to the world of international travel. Since studying abroad in 2015, she has traveled from Mexico to Morocco and many European countries in between.
Sojourner is living up to her name all while pursuing her Master’s degree and writing her way through the world on her blog “Sojournies.” She offers tips and resources to other students, professionals, or anyone interested in making travel part of their lives too. Her adventures have shaped her views of Blackness, womanhood, and wellness, no matter where she may be in the world.
In this episode, we talk about…
- How Sojourner’s study abroad experience sparked her love for travel.
- Ways Black women can benefit from traveling internationally.
- Travel tips for Black women.
- Practicing self-care and prioritizing wellness as a grad student.
- The importance of crafting your own life journey.
- Download Sojourner’s travel guide: 5 Things You Should Never Forget Before Your First Trip Abroad
- Visit Sojourner’s website, Sojournies
- Follow Sojourner on Instagram @thesojournies
- Like Sojournies on Facebook
- Follow Sojourner on Instagram Twitter @sojournies
- Self Explored, Self Restored Journal
- Becoming Journal
- Skinny Dipped Almonds | Use the code BBG for 15% off your order at skinnydipped.com.
Balanced Black Girl Partners:
- BLK+GRN | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blkgrn.com
- Black Girl Sunscreen | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blackgirlsunscreen.com
- Methodology | Use code BALANCEDBLACKGIRL30 for 30% off your first Methodology shipment
- Organifi | Use the code BBG for 15% off Organifi supplements
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
Les is the founder of Balanced Black Girl and the host of the Balanced Black Girl Podcast. She’s a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, and natural beauty junkie who loves 90’s R&B, trying new skincare products, and creating recipes in the Instant Pot. She created Balanced Black Girl to provide content and experiences empowering women of color to live well.