We are now in the middle of a global pandemic and cultural revolution at the same time. It’s a lot (to say the least).
In this solo episode, Les is discussing the importance of setting boundaries and protecting your energy so you can channel it into the areas of life that make most sense for you.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed with responding to everyone wanting to check in with you because you’re their go-to “Black friend”, if you’re being put in the position to educate others and are trying to figure out how to navigate it, and if you’re looking for ways to set clear boundaries so you can take care of yourself during this critical time, this episode is for you.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Defining the role you want to take on in our current state.
- Listening to your body and redefining what self care means at this time.
- How to respond to emotionally taxing conversations.
- Guided journal prompts for clarity.
- Check out #ProtectYourEnergy, an extensive doc with canned responses to racial gaslighting and taxing conversations.
- Visit the Balanced Black Girl Community Healing Resource Guide for an extensive list of Black-focused virtual healing events, mental health resources, and Black-owned self care businesses.
- Follow @balancedblackgirlpodcast on Instagram.
- Like Balanced Black Girl on Facebook.
- Follow @balancedblkgirl on Twitter.
This episode is sponsored by Cantu Beauty.
- BLK+GRN | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blkgrn.com
- Organifi | Use the code BBG for 15% off Organifi supplements
- Peak and Valley | Use the discount code balancedblackgirl for $5 off your order of adaptogen blends
Balanced Black Girl is edited by Bex Be Casting.
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.