This week I’m sitting down with Allison Tenney, fitness coach, and founder of the Ignited Womxn Summit.
On the heels of the 2016 Presidential Election, Allison was inspired to create an event to help unite and empower women. In the spring of 2017, she hosted the first Ignited Womxn Summit to do just that, and through her experiences hosting the event, she has gained valuable insight on the importance of diversity, inclusion, and advocating for women of all backgrounds.
[bctt tweet=””You have to be aware of how you show up, and the privilege you show up with.” – @allisontenney” username=”balancedblkgirl”]
In this episode we talk about:
- How the Ignited Womxn Summit came to be
- Why diversity in the wellness space is so important
- How those who are not a part of marginalized groups can be better allies
- What it means to do the work
- Resources that can help individuals be better allies
- Allison’s Website
- Ignited Womxn Summit
- Allison’s Instagram
- On Whiteness by Erin Brown
- Dr. Tee’s Foundations of Social Justice Course
Powered by RedCircle