This week marks one year since COVID was declared a pandemic and all of our lives changed drastically. Do you remember what you were doing this time last year?
If I knew what was coming, I would have spent those last weeks in February and first weeks of March differently. I would have spent that time with people who are near and dear to my heart.
Reflecting on the past year has brought up so many feelings and emotions. Feelings of grief, and those moments of isolation and loneliness, burnout, creativity, nostalgia, and perseverance.
This experience has taught me to be cognizant and aware of my time. I have to be just as discerning about where, how, and with whom I spend my time with. And where, how and with whom I spend my money with. We all have the gift of discernment, and we have all had times where we used it and were grateful.
A big lesson I learned on the anniversary of this week is to use my discernment. We can’t predict the future, and we can’t change the past, but we can lean into our relationship with spirit to guide us. We can lean into getting quiet and going within to listen to our intuition.
Join me for a guided journaling session, reflecting on a full year of living through a global pandemic. In this episode, we are acknowledging the lessons learned, creating space for rest, and feeling hopeful for what’s ahead. Grab your journal or your favorite note-taking app and let’s get to it.
Powered by RedCircle
LISTEN HERE: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Play
In this episode we talk about…
- The importance of discernment.
- Biggest lessons learned over the past year.
- Creating space for both highs and lows.
- Staying hopeful for the future.
- Follow @balancedblackgirlpodcast on Instagram
- Like Balanced Black Girl on Facebook
- Follow @balancedblkgirl on Twitter
- Skillshare | Go to skillshare.com/balanced for a free trial of Skillshare premium.
- Vega Plant-Based Nutrition | Head to myvega.com/balanced