Today, we’re talking to Lindsey Page, the founder of Radically Fit Oakland. Radically Fit is the Bay Area’s body positive community gym for all queer, trans, POC, big bodied and fat identified
Lindsey first got into fitness while grieving the loss of a close friend. With physical movement being such an important part of her healing, she wanted to share it with others through her training.
She created Radically Fit to build a safe space for fitness, self-care, and well-being for those who need it most, but often don’t feel served or welcome in more traditional fitness spaces. We had an insightful, honest conversation about inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexuality, and physical ability in the fitness space, and we’re so grateful for the opportunity to share her story and mission.You have to see value in your body that you were never taught was there. Lindsey Page, Radically Fit Oakland Click To Tweet
In this episode we talk about…
- Lindsey’s experiences working in the fitness industry, and not having a body type traditionally seen as “fit.”
- Creating fitness offerings geared towards POC, queer, trans, big bodied, and fat identifying folks.
- Ways the fitness industry relies on shaming as a key marketing tactic, and how we can change that.
- The significance of representation across intersectionalities in the fitness space.
- What being an ally truly means.
- Check out Radically Fit’s Website
- Follow Radically Fit on Instagram @radicallyfitoakland
- Like Radically Fit on Facebook
- If you would like to visit Radically Fit, shoot Lindsey an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on iTunes. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
Lestraundra is the founder of Balanced Black Girl and the host of the Balanced Black Girl Podcast. She’s a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, and natural beauty junkie who loves 90’s R&B, trying new skincare products, and creating recipes in the Instant Pot. She created Balanced Black Girl to provide content and experiences empowering women of color to live well.