In this episode of Balanced Black Girl Podcast, we are discussing mindfulness techniques for Black and brown women and youth.
Today, we’re talking to Nkenji Clarke, a Bronx, New York native pursuing her calling in the helping field of Counseling.
The sky is not the limit, it's beyond that. @kenjikahmali #BalancedBlackGirl Click To Tweet
We had an insightful, inspiring conversation that will leave you feeling empowered to implement mindfulness strategies in your life.
In this episode we talk about…
- Working with youth to change the stigma of mental health in Black and brown communities.
- Mindfulness tools and techniques for Black and brown women and youth.
- Creating safe spaces for Black and brown women and youth.
- How mental health conditions are displayed differently for Black youth and young adults.
- The importance of self-care through the 8 dimensions of wellness.
Mentioned in this episode:
Nkenjion Twitter: @kenjikahmali
Nkenjion Instagram: @__kenjikahmali
- Article: Test Used to Diagnose Depression May Not Work on Black People
- Get your Balanced Black Girl Mug
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on iTunes. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
Lestraundra is the founder of Balanced Black Girl and the host of the Balanced Black Girl Podcast. She’s a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, and natural beauty junkie who loves 90’s R&B, trying new skincare products, and creating recipes in the Instant Pot. She created Balanced Black Girl to provide content and experiences empowering women of color to live well.