Today, we’re having an open, honest conversation with Shan Boodram about sex, dating, and relationships.
Shan Boodram is a sexologist, popular YouTube personality, intimacy expert and author of The Game of Desire. Published by HarperCollins, The Game of Desire will teach you the self and social awareness to make dating your new favorite hobby.
Shan analyzed the competitive dating landscape and the common pitfalls women face in the pursuit of passion, then developed a five-phase workshop to help down-on-love daters achieve romantic success. She has appeared on The View, MTV, E!, The Rachael Ray Show, The Steve Harvey Show, and CNN Radio, and has been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, and Time magazine.
We talked about how women can have more ownership over their dating lives instead of leaving it up to chance or in the hands of others.
In this episode, we talk about…
- How women can be in the driver’s seat of their dating lives and romantic relationships.
- The importance of understanding your attachment style.
- How we can all become relationship experts.
- Creating your ideal relationship related to your commitment style.
- Get Shan’s new book, The Game of Desire
- Check out Shan’s websites: shanboodram.com and thegameofdesire.com
- Follow Shan Instagram @shanboody
- Watch “The Disappointments of Dating as a Black Woman” on YouTube
- Find Your Attachment Style
- Find Your Commitment Style
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on iTunes. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
Want to unlock weekly bonus episodes? Support Balanced Black Girl as a patron on Patreon.
Lestraundra is the founder of Balanced Black Girl and the host of the Balanced Black Girl Podcast. She’s a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, and natural beauty junkie who loves 90’s R&B, trying new skincare products, and creating recipes in the Instant Pot. She created Balanced Black Girl to provide content and experiences empowering women of color to live well.