Today’s guest is Minda Harts, author of The Memo: What Women of Color Need to Know to Secure a Seat at the Table, which is out today.
Minda is a well connected, sought after speaker and thought-leader, frequently speaking on topics of Advancing Women of Color, Leadership, Diversity, and Entrepreneurship. In 2018, Minda was named as one of the 25 Emerging Innovators by American Express.
She is an assistant professor of public service of NYU’s Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service and the founder of The Memo LLC, a career development company for women of color.
Minda was also chosen by General Assembly to serve as one of their Dream Mentors, alongside women like Cindy Gallop. Secure The Seat is her weekly career podcast for women of color. Minda is originally from Southern California and currently resides in New York City.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Minda’s most valuable career lessons.
- Why we need to talk about race in the workplace.
- How Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts can better us.
- Advice for those looking for upward mobility in their careers.
- Check out Minda’s new book, The Memo: What Women of Color Need to Know to Secure a Seat at the Table.
- Follow Minda on Twitter @mindaharts
- Listen to Minda’s podcast, Secure the Seat
Today’s episode is sponsored by Sound Craft Seltzer, the drink of summer.
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on iTunes. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.