- The problem with “Pretty for a “___“ (fill in the blank).
- Why a mixed appearance and proximity to whiteness isn’t the end-all-be-all beauty standard for black women.
- Why we are beautiful BECAUSE of our heritage – not IN SPITE OF it.
- How we can redefine beauty to be more inclusive.
- How we can have more compassion for ourselves and others when it comes to appearance.
Lestraundra is the founder of Balanced Black Girl and the host of the Balanced Black Girl Podcast. She’s a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, and natural beauty junkie who loves 90’s R&B, trying new skincare products, and creating recipes in the Instant Pot. She created Balanced Black Girl to provide content and experiences empowering women of color to live well.