Today, we’re talking to Shayla Varnado. Shayla is a serial entrepreneur, entertainer, side hustle queen and the founder of Black Girls Wine.
Black Girls Wine, affectionately known as BGW, is a lifestyle brand that celebrates Black girl magic by curating exclusive experiences for women who love wine. With over 11 chapters in 10+ cities, the brand is growing and the world is taking notice.
A decade of creating businesses has led Shayla to her passion for teaching women how to increase their income by monetizing their gifts with online + offline strategies that actually move their business forward. She is the author of 44 prayers for the Christian Entrepreneur. And she is the host of a weekly podcast called “The Business Besties” where she shares the real deal of what it takes to run a business.
Powered by RedCircle
In this episode, we talk about…
- The importance of creating community and experiences for Black women.
- The backstory of Black Girls Wine.
- Wine education tips for beginners.
- Knowing when to pivot in business.
- Favorite Black-owned wine companies.
- Visit the Black Girls Wine Website: https://www.blackgirlswine.com/
- Join the Black Girls Wine Society: https://www.blackgirlswine.com/society
- Follow Black Girls Wine on Instagram: @blackgirlswine
- Like Black Girls Wine on Facebook
- McBride Sisters Wine: Black Girl Magic Rosé
- The Lotus and the Vines
- Divine Wineries
- Shoecrazy Wine
Balanced Black Girl Partners:
- This episode is sponsored by Skinny Dipped Almonds. Use the code “BBG” for 15% off your first order at skinnydipped.com.
- Organifi | Use the code “BBG” for 15% off Organifi supplements at balancedblackgirl.com/organifi.
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on iTunes. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.