Today we’re talking to Shena Tubbs, a Relational Trauma and Attachment Specialist, Licensed Professional Counselor, and Love Addiction Coach based out of Houston, TX.
She is the founder of Black Girls Heal, an online community dedicated to helping women of color break the cycles of unavailable relationships and feeling not enough by healing what’s within.
In addition to Black Girls Heal, Shena has a private practice where she specializes in helping women heal from unresolved childhood relational trauma, love addiction, and changing relationship patterns. She also hosts the Black Girls Heal podcast which talks about all things intimacy, attachment and healing internal wounds.
In this episode, we talk about…
- How we repeatedly get into unhealthy relationships and how we can break the cycle.
- Understanding and overcoming love addiction.
- Learning your attachment style, and the origins of your attachment style.
- Unpacking relationships with unavailable people.
- Visit Shena’s Website, BlackGirlsHeal.org
- Check out the Learn to Thrive course
- Check out the Healed and Loved Woman Mentorship program
- Follow Black Girls Heal on Instagram: @blackgirlsheal_
- Like Black Girls Heal on Facebook
Skinny Dipped | Use the code BBG for 15% off your order at skinnydipped.com
Balanced Black Girl Partners:
- BLK+GRN | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blkgrn.com
- Black Girl Sunscreen | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blackgirlsunscreen.com
- Methodology | Use code BALANCEDBLACKGIRL30 for 30% off your first Methodology shipment
- Organifi | Use the code BBG for 15% off Organifi supplements
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on iTunes. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
Les is the founder of Balanced Black Girl and the host of the Balanced Black Girl Podcast. She’s a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, and natural beauty junkie who loves 90’s R&B, trying new skincare products, and creating recipes in the Instant Pot. She created Balanced Black Girl to provide content and experiences empowering women of color to live well.