Today’s guest is Sinikiwe Dhliwayo, a creative and public speaker who for the last decade has made a home at the intersection of wellness and publishing. Sinikiwe has worked in all facets of the photo and magazine publishing industry and oversees photo and video shoots from inception and conception to execution and delivery. Her skills include casting, producing and art direction as well as creative problem solving and most importantly, creating meaningful and impactful connections with target audiences.
Sinikiwe is also the founder of NAAYA, which roots people of color in their wellness. Whether making yoga accessible to those who need the practice most or telling the stories of marginalized folx through elevated photo and video, Sinikiwe is dedicated to changing the conversation around what it looks and feels like to be well. Her work and efforts to make the wellness space more equitable.
Later this year, Sinikiwe is kicking off NAAYA’s first 200-hour yoga teacher training, created specifically for people who identify as BIPOC. Head to the NAAYA website to learn more.
- The importance of mindfulness practices for people of color.
- Cultural appropriation in yoga.
- The intersection of wellness and media.
- Advice for beginning your yoga journey.
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Visit the NAAYA Website to subscribe to the newsletter
- Follow NAAYA on Instagram: @naaya.wellness
- Follow Sinikiwe on Instagram: @sinikiwe.stephanie
Balanced Black Girl Partners:
- BLK+GRN | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blkgrn.com
- Black Girl Sunscreen | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blackgirlsunscreen.com
- Methodology | Use code BALANCEDBLACKGIRL30 for 30% off your first Methodology shipment
- Organifi | Use the code BBG for 15% off Organifi supplements
- Skinny Dipped | Use the code BBG for 15% off your order at skinnydipped.com
Balanced Black Girl is edited by Bex Carlos.
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
Les is the founder of Balanced Black Girl and the host of the Balanced Black Girl Podcast. She’s a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, and natural beauty junkie who loves 90’s R&B, trying new skincare products, and creating recipes in the Instant Pot. She created Balanced Black Girl to provide content and experiences empowering women of color to live well.