Today we’re talking to Bridget Todd, political strategist, media personality, and co-host of AFROPUNK’s Solution Sessions Podcast where she focuses on amplifying Black stories globally.
Bridget has had an extensive career in media, education and politics. The former Howard University educator is a trained human rights activist and coordinated digital strategy for organizations such as MSNBC, Planned Parenthood, and the Women’s March. She also facilitated a training program for political operatives that the Washington Post called “the Hogwarts of the Democratic Party.”
Bridget joined the podcast world as a producer for MoveOn.org’s flagship podcast in 2012. She also cohosted iHeartMedia’s “Stuff Mom Never Told You” podcast, where she discussed feminist issues and activism to over 2 million subscriber’s month.
Paper Magazine named Bridget as one of their top women in Politics to follow, and she received a Webby Award nomination for her role on AFROPUNK’s Solution Sessions Podcast. Her work has been featured in Teen Vogue, Refinery 29, Policy Mic, The Daily Show, The Atlantic, the Huffington Post, BuzzFeed, and more.
In this episode, we talk about…
- The importance of telling Black stories in a loving, authentic way.
- How to get comfortable using our voices.
- Owning and protecting our creative ideas and contributions to popular culture.
- Navigating burnout, and why rest is essential.
- Check out AFROPUNK Solution Sessions.
- Follow Bridget on Instagram: @bridgetmarieindc
- Follow Bridget on Twitter: @bridgetmarie
Balanced Black Girl Partners:
- BLK+GRN | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blkgrn.com
- Black Girl Sunscreen | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blackgirlsunscreen.com
- Methodology | Use code BALANCEDBLACKGIRL for 20% off your first Methodology shipment
- Organifi | Use the code BBG for 15% off Organifi supplements
- Peak and Valley | Use the discount code balancedblackgirl for 15% off your order of adaptogen blends
Balanced Black Girl is edited by Bex Be Casting.
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
Les is the founder of Balanced Black Girl and the host of the Balanced Black Girl Podcast. She’s a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, and natural beauty junkie who loves 90’s R&B, trying new skincare products, and creating recipes in the Instant Pot. She created Balanced Black Girl to provide content and experiences empowering women of color to live well.