Today’s guest Patty Dean, also known as Patty Pilates, has been teaching classical Pilates for 20 years. Through her teaching, she has worked with celebrity clients, athletes, children of all abilities and everyone in between.
Patty Pilates Style actually started when she was a fashion stylist assistant for a celebrity stylist and fell in love with the method. After being a stay at home mom she decided to go back to teaching Pilates by making it a little more affordable to Black folks and my Inglewood community.
Her motto is, “if you have a spine, a stomach and breath you can do Pilates…I can work with you”. She has witnessed endless life-changing testimonies when a client is committed to the Pilates method. She has worked with a vast spectrum of bodies and is grateful to continue working with more.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Building community through genuine connections.
- The origins, mental, and physical benefits of Pilates.
- Making Pilates accessible.
- Modeling self-care for our children and communities.
- Follow Patty on Instagram to stay updated on her virtual class offerings: @pattypilatesstyle
- LA-Area Folks: Contact Patty at email@example.com for special pricing on private Pilates sessions.
Balanced Black Girl Partners
- BLK+GRN | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blkgrn.com
- Black Girl Sunscreen | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blackgirlsunscreen.com
- Methodology | Use code BALANCEDBLACKGIRL30 for 30% off your first Methodology shipment
- Organifi | Use the code BBG for 15% off Organifi supplements
- Skinny Dipped | Use the code BBG for 15% off your order at skinnydipped.com
Balanced Black Girl is edited by Bex Be Casting.
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
Les is the founder of Balanced Black Girl and the host of the Balanced Black Girl Podcast. She’s a Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach, and natural beauty junkie who loves 90’s R&B, trying new skincare products, and creating recipes in the Instant Pot. She created Balanced Black Girl to provide content and experiences empowering women of color to live well.