I am so excited to bring you the first interview episode of Balanced Black Girl with the incredible Chrissy King. I’ve followed Chrissy for years now, and have admired her from afar like the true creeper I am. This year, we connected more via Instagram and I loved her even more than when I was just creeping on her content.
When I had the idea to start the Balanced Black Girl podcast and was thinking of people I wanted to interview, Chrissy was the first person that came to mind. Needless to say, I’m so excited to have her on the show.
In addition to being an incredible resource as a fitness coach who helps women build strength and confidence, Chrissy is a powerful truth-teller who is passionate about speaking on social justice and intersectional feminism.
Here’s what we talked about in today’s episode:
- How Chrissy began her fitness journey, eventually getting into strength training and powerlifting.
- Her experiences being a woman of color working in the fitness space.
- “Superwoman Schema” for black women – how we can overcome the pressures we feel to take care of everyone but ourselves.
- The lack of diversity in the mainstream wellness space, and how we can all make wellness feel more inclusive and representative.
- What it means to be a truth-teller.
- Holding people accountable by calling them in instead of calling them out.
- How we can all practice self-care in more accessible, approachable ways.
And if you haven’t already, please don’t forget to subscribe to Balanced Black Girl on iTunes!
Powered by RedCircle